Eid Adha Across The Border!
6 Oct 2014 @ Monday, October 06, 2014 | 0 notes

This year's Eid Adha is a tad different for me. Usually I will be celebrating it with my relatives or simply stay at home with my family, watching holiday movies while waiting for my dad from performing the korban. But this year, I celebrated with my fiance's family over at his parent's house in Johor. So I went there on Saturday night right after work, thanks to Umar's cousin for picking us up, bought six packets of Ramli Burgers for his family and call it a night.

I love the typical kampung feel. Even though his parent's house isn't a kampung, it gave me the vibes. Huge space, the swing, the huge kitchen, wooden flooring etc. I simply love it. They have a very nice humble abode.

Love the wooden flooring. It gave me the 'kampung' feel.

The swing in most M'sia's houses. We wouldn't have space to put it in our hdb flats. Pfft.

The very pretty fish pond! My FIL used to have a lot of Koi fishes but someone climbed over and stole them!

Foot massage anyone?

Where I spent most of the time during the stay.

I woke up as early as seven in the morning to help out in the kitchen and throughout the day, it feels like the time really passed by very slowly and I kinda like it. I like how I can unwind myself here.

After Asar, the place was already occupied with their friends and families for some bonding session. Dog and Bone!





Yesterday was my first time trying out the Sooji, an Indian dessert. They were surprised when I told them it was my first. Even Umar's brother told him to take a video of me eating my first Sooji. Haha! It taste like I'm eating perfume, the same impression when the first time I drank Green Tea. You get what I mean? 

It was also my first time drinking Masala Tea. Basically its milk tea with a mixture of Indian spices. I don't like the smell but it taste awesome! I sense more Indian food to come in the future, I am ready. 

It felt just like a short getaway. Thank you to Umar's family and friends for having me and for treating me so nicely. I will definitely come again! 



 

Labels: , ,